The purpose of the Management Plan is to provide a comprehensive framework for managing asbestos within the company premises. The plan explains the individual responsibilities and the actions that will be taken to minimise the risk of exposure to airborne asbestos of all directly employed personnel, contractors and visitors to site.
Identify the location, type and condition of any ACM`s in our premises.
- Presume materials to contain asbestos, unless there is strong evidence to suggest otherwise.
- Make and keep an up to date record of the location and condition of all identified and presumed ACM`s.
- Assess the risk from the material.
- Prepare a plan that sets out in detail how the risks from the materials will be managed.
- Take the steps necessary to put the plan into action.
- Provide information and awareness training on the location and condition of the materials to anyone whom is likely to work on or disturb them.
- We will locate and monitor asbestos containing materials. Where they are in good condition, no immediate action will be taken other than identifying the location of such materials for inclusion in an asbestos register to facilitate ongoing inspections and management.
- Asbestos containing materials which are in poor condition or liable to disturbance during other works will be repaired, sealed or removed.
- Provisions have been made within the Asbestos Management Plan for both planned and unplanned disturbance of asbestos containing materials (ACM`s).
- We will ensure that no ACMs are used or re-used in any new build or refurbishment works
The repair, sealing or removal of asbestos containing materials will only be carried out by approved personnel and where applicable, licensed companies, in full accordance with The Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations. Asbestos waste will be disposed of at licensed disposal facilities in accordance with the Hazardous waste Regulations 2005.